There have been no findings of mosquitoes with EEE or West Nile virus found in Holliston to date. This doesn't mean that this areas is risk-free. Infections can occur anywhere, and people in all locations are advised to take precautionary measures to protect themselves and their loved ones from mosquito-borne disease throughout the summer and fall mosquito season.
What you should do:
- repair screens
- dump standing water twice weekly
- wear mosquito repellent when outdoors during peak mosquito hours (from dusk to dawn)
- wear long sleeves and long pants when outdoors during peak mosquito hours (from dusk to dawn)
- use mosquito netting on baby carriages and playpens outdoors
- arrange neighborhood cleanups to get rid of mosquito breeding sites
Complaints about mosquitoes may be registered by calling the Central Massachusetts Mosquito Control Project office at 508-393-3055, Monday through Friday between 7 AM to 3:30 PM. Mosquito investigations in Holliston will be on August 1, 7, 8, 14, 15, 21, 22, 28 & 29, 2012. These dates are very tentative, and this program is suspended when cool night time temperature becomes predominant in this area. A notice about the spray schedule is posted on the CMMCP phone system after 3:30 PM each day or on the website www.cmmcp.org .
|Reproduction of material from any HollistonNetNews.com pages without
written permission is strictly prohibited. ©2013 HollistonNetNews.com